Clients want lavish amenities and technical innovations incorporated into their home designs.
Being a luxury home builder and full-service general contracting firm, we like to stay educated on the latest industry trends in design and architecture. Here at Fry Classic Construction, we often incorporate these elements into our own custom home builds here in Tennessee in order to successfully meet our clients’ needs. Here are 5 popular features that affluent clients have been requesting in 2018.
- Natural elements Environmental consciousness plays a role in the luxury industry’s latest trends as more clients want elements of the outdoors brought in to their home designs. The use of all natural building materials, such as bamboo and hardwood, and using nature-inspired color schemes throughout the home are popular choices.Incorporating plants, stone, and exposed brick into the build is also common. We’ve used handcrafted Peacock Pavers stone to surround a luxury outdoor pool in Oak Hill, as one example of this trend. Cerused and faux wood finishes add more interest and texture to a minimal room. We recently completed a custom home in Green Hills that featured a stunning faux finished wood framed staircase and a natural cypress wood ceiling in their dining room.
- Smart homes Over the last few years, demand has skyrocketed for smart home technology. Clients want to be able to control their home systems from their smartphones, both at home and remotely. Smart home automation options include home security alarms, thermostats, lighting, and entertainment systems. Voice activation, outdoor infrared cameras, and home assistants (Alexa, Google Home) are popular requests.
- Spa-like bathrooms Affluent clients want their homes to be a true escape from the hubbub of modern life, and the same holds true for the bathrooms as well. They want their bathrooms to be a personal, spa-like oasis, exuding tranquility and peace. Some luxury bathrooms are now being built with large wall-length windows, allowing as much natural light in as possible.We’ve installed heated bathroom floors for a client in Oak Hill and a free-standing, spa-like tub in a Brentwood home, and these luxury amenity requests are only becoming more common.
- Home saunas and gyms Including an in-home sauna and personal gym into your build is becoming increasingly common. The inclusion of such luxuries into a home offer a measure of personal convenience for the clients (why drive to the gym when you already have one in your basement?) as well as the actual physical and mental benefits of using them. Another plus? Adding well-being amenities will increase the value of the property.
- Luxury closets Large walk-in closets are usually high up on a client’s must-have list. These ‘dressing suites’ typically run the size of a guest bedroom and feature built-in shelving and vanity tables. Vintage furniture, ambient lighting, and candelabras are other luxury elements that clients often want included. We built a spacious deluxe master closet in a home in Oak Hill and included beautiful antique mirror on the cabinet doors.
Fry Classic Construction has been elevating the level of construction and design in the Nashville metro area for the last two decades. We are a full service general contracting firm specializing in new residential construction and remodeling. Every home we build is completely customized to suit the needs and personal preferences of each client, resulting in some of the most beautiful and innovative custom homes in Middle Tennessee.